E-Commerce is a growing market. This is a fact. The most demanding brands choose Salesforce Commerce Cloud – one of the most important eCommerce platforms – and integrate a set of tools to offer a dynamic shopping experience to their customers.
When we enter a shop, we pick up the object that interests us, turn it to observe it from every angle and try it on. All this is missing in eCommerce. So, companies rely on images to show their products in detail. Often, this does not meet the expectations of customers who are increasingly demanding. Thankfully, 3D product configurators are solving this problem and are gaining ground as visual content has become essential for selling. In fact, 32% of buyers use new technologies – such as Augmented Reality – to see in detail product there are buying and 83% of them say that the purchase decision is influenced by the quality of product images.
What is a Salesforce Commerce Cloud 3D Product Configurator?
A product configurator (or customizer) is a software application that allows customers to customize the products directly on your online store. In the case of a tool like Zakeke, the experience is enhanced by 3D models that allow customers to get in touch with the product, exactly as it happens in store. It offers a new way to interact with products. Customers can view them from any angle, rotate them, zoom in and so on. They can also change material, choose elements, etc. In other words, they can do everything they would do in real life.
Why use a Salesforce Commerce Cloud 3D Product Configurator?
A product configurator in Salesforce allows you to optimize sales by implementing a CPQ process: configuration, price, quote. This results in error-free quotes, quick negotiations, and optimization of the sales process.
A Salesforce Commerce Cloud 3D Product Configurator gives your customers all the tools they need to create exactly what they want to buy. The advantages of implementing a 3D Product Configurator in your Salesforce Commerce Cloud shop are countless. Let us try to list the main ones:
- Conversion rate: recent studies reveal conversion rates increase by up to 250% on product pages with 3D models and AR technology and that customers are willing to pay more for the products they have designed and customized. Product customization helps the customer in the decision-making phase. People tend to remember 80% of what they see. That is why 83% of buyers say that the purchase decision is influenced by the quality and quantity of the available product images and 67% of consumers say high-quality visual content is more important than product description or customer ratings.
- Cost-Effectiveness: using product customization and configurator software helps your business reduce costs too – especially if your business stocks – or dropships – generic items that can be simply configured through a print on demand service. In addition, it eliminates the need to present endless variations of the same product on your site. You simply let your customers get creative.
- Return reduction: E-commerce has a higher rate of return than the physical store. It is around 20% versus 8-10% respectively. A product customizer with AR and 3D technologies allows the customer to inspect every detail. The image will be as close to reality as possible, increasing customer satisfaction and thus reducing the return rate.
- Customer engagement: Interactive product configurations engage customer and entertain him longer on your Salesforce Commerce Cloud store. This increases the chances of that customer will buy your product. Product customization lets customer become more attached to the product itself and to the brand.
What can you do with a Salesforce Commerce Cloud 3D Product Configurator?
Options are endless. The only limit is your imagination. To give you a taste of what you can do with a Salesforce Commerce Cloud 3D Product Configurator visit the demo store where you can see Zakeke in action.
Here are the best features that a Salesforce Commerce Cloud 3D Product Configurator must have:
- 3D Configuration: customers have to be able to build their own versions of your products, choosing component, changing elements and materials, customizing colors and more and more.
- AR e 3D view: customers have to be able to see the personalized item in their own space in real size via Augmented Reality and see a live and realistic 3D model of the product that they can zoom in on, rotate and interact with. Learn more on the importance of 3D Commerce.
- Unlimited configuration options: you need flexibility and scalability. A Salesforce Commerce Cloud 3D Product Configurator must give you unlimited configuration options. That it to say you have to be able to sell as many products as you want and to set multiple colors, sizes and style of the same product. You must be able to define rules and restrictions for each design and to set complex pricing rules and show different prices based on quantity, setup costs, number of colors, and personalization areas.
- Flexible printing methods: you have to be able to set unlimited printing methods for one or more products, sides and variants. You can define settings for your print-ready files that can be used for engraving, embroidery, and personalization methods other than printing.
- Get a quote: you must be able to add a button on your store to receive a request, read all the details, generate a quote, and send it. In other words, a CPQ implementation.
- Omnichannel approach: it is a mistake to think that product customization is only for online store. The trend is to mix traditional shopping with digital shopping in an omnichannel perspective. In other words, creating a unique customer experience, which integrates online and in-store services. Just a tablet to bring product customization in-store.
How to integrate a 3D Product Configurator?
Zakeke can help you integrate a 3D Product Configurator into your Salesforce Commerce Cloud store. Zakeke is an innovative cloud platform that integrates all the best features a product configurator must have. It provides solutions for all types of businesses: from small businesses to the most important international brands. It is one of the world’s best product configuration platforms with unprecedented 3D image quality.
Zakeke provides incredible 2D imagery, cutting-edge 3D configuration and augmented reality functions.