Magento is one of the leading eCommerce platforms which, like all online businesses, has attracted many players in recent months. On the one hand, eCommerce helps simplify sales operations and meet customer needs. On the other hand, it has the disadvantage of being characterized by fierce competition.
A way to stand out from the crowd and draw the attention of consumers is product customization. In fact, 80% of customers are more likely to purchase from brands that offer personalized experiences.
Product customization does not only mean the possibility of changing color or enter a text. The concept of product customization has evolved along with new technologies, such as real-time 3D configuration and augmented reality. 32% of buyers use AR and 83% of them say that the purchase decision is influenced by the quality of product images.
So, the solution is a 3D Product Configurator for your Magento store.
What is a Magento 3D Product Configurator?
A product configurator (or customizer) is a software application that allows customers to customize the products directly on your online store. In the case of a tool like Zakeke, the experience is enhanced by 3D models that allow customers to get in touch with the product, exactly as it happens in store. It offers a new way to interact with products. Customers can view them from any angle, rotate them, zoom in and so on. They can also change material, choose elements, etc. In other words, they can do everything they would do in real life.
Why use a Magento 3D Product Configurator?
A Magento 3D Product Configurator gives your customers all the tools they need to create exactly what they want to buy. The advantages of implementing a 3D Product Configurator in your Magento shop are countless. Let us try to list the main ones:
- Conversion rate: recent studied reveal conversion rates increase by up to 250% on product pages with 3D models and AR technology and that customers are willing to pay more for the products they have designed and customized. Product customization helps the customer in the decision-making phase. People tend to remember 80% of what they see. That is why 83% of buyers say that the purchase decision is influenced by the quality and quantity of the available product images and 67% of consumers say high-quality visual content is more important than product description or customer ratings.
- Cost-Effectiveness: using product customization and configurator software helps your business reduce costs too – especially if your business stocks – or dropships – generic items that can be simply configured through a print on demand service. In addition, it eliminates the need to present endless variations of the same product on your site. You simply let your customers get creative.
- Return reduction: E-commerce has a higher rate of return than the physical store. It is around 20% versus 8-10% respectively. A product customizer with AR and 3D technologies allows the customer to inspect every detail. The image will be as close to reality as possible, increasing customer satisfaction and thus reducing the return rate.
- Customer engagement: Interactive product configurations engage customer and entertain him longer on your Magento store. This increases the chances of that customer will buy your product. Product customization lets customer become more attached to the product itself and to the brand.
What can you do with a Magento 3D Product Configurator?
Here are the best features that a Magento 3D Product Configurator must have:
- 3D Configuration: customers have to be able to build their own versions of your products, choosing component, changing elements and materials, customizing colors and more and more.
- AR e 3D view: customers have to be able to see the personalized item in their own space in real size via Augmented Reality and see a live and realistic 3D model of the product that they can zoom in on, rotate and interact with. Learn more on the importance of 3D Commerce.
- Unlimited configuration options: you need flexibility and scalability. A Magento 3D Product Configurator must give you unlimited configuration options. That it to say you have to be able to sell as many products as you want and to set multiple colors, sizes and style of the same product. You must be able to define rules and restrictions for each design and to set complex pricing rules and show different prices based on quantity, setup costs, number of colors, and personalization areas.
- Flexible printing methods: you have to be able to set unlimited printing methods for one or more products, sides and variants. You can define settings for your print-ready files that can be used for engraving, embroidery, and personalization methods other than printing.
- Omnichannel approach: it is a mistake to think that product customization is only for online store. The trend is to mix traditional shopping with digital shopping in an omnichannel perspective. In other words, creating a unique customer experience, which integrates online and in-store services. Just a tablet to bring product customization in-store.
How to integrate a 3D Product Configurator?
Zakeke can help you integrate a 3D Product Configurator into your Magento store. Zakeke is an innovative cloud platform that integrates all the best features a product configurator must have. It provides solutions for all types of businesses: from small businesses to the most important international brands. It is one of the world’s best product configuration platforms with unprecedented 3D image quality.
Zakeke provides incredible 2D imagery, cutting-edge 3D configuration and augmented reality functions.